Young Chang PE-118 Pramberger Signature Series
47" Brown Mahogany Polish Studio Upright - Serial #Y02588158 - 2005
This Young Chang studio upright is the Pramberger Signature Series studio edition manufactured in South Korea. It is 47" tall and is built with upgraded materials, as this was their top of the line piano in 2005. This piano has had 2 owners, both of whom took great care of the instrument. It has been inspected and found to be in great condition.
It has been reconditioned. This includes:
- Hammer Resurfacing
- Aligning Hammers to Strings
- Tightening Action Screws
- Leveling Keys
- Adjusting Key Dip
- Adjusting Let-off and Backchecks
- Cleaning the Strings
- Polishing Keytops
- Cleaning & Polishing the case
- Polishing the Brass Hardware
- Adjusting the Pedals
- Tuning & Voicing
We back our work with a 2-year mechanical warranty.
This Young Chang edition is no longer available new, however a comparable piano would retail for $8000.00.
Young Chang Piano History
- 1956 Founding of Young Chang Co. Ltd
- 1990 Acquisition of Kurzweil Music Systems
- 1995 Established manufacturing facility, Tianjin Young Chang Akki in China
- 1996 Awarded ISO 9001 Certification
- 2006 Young Chang becomes a subsidiary of Hyundai Development Group
- 2006 Multi-million dollar renovation of manufacturing facility in Tianjin
- 2007 Established Guinness World Record “Fantastic Piano Festival — 555 Participants”
- 2009 A newly redesigned piano line introduced in a two-year collaboration with Delwin Fandrich
- 2010 Redesigned product goes into production and distribution in North America
This Pramberger Signature Series upright is a Platinum edition by the Young Chang piano company. The design and specifications were overseen by Joseph Pramberger, a piano engineer who once worked at the Steinway & Sons factory in New York, and who partnered with Young Chang to create a high-end piano line produced in Korea.
Joseph Pramberger was from a long line of piano builders, dating back to 1779 in Vienna, Austria. He formed the Pramberger Piano, LTD company with his father in 1987, and began working with Young Chang in 1995. This relationship continued until his passing in 2003. Currently the Pramberger Piano is produced by the Samick Piano Company.
More information from our website Young Chang PE-118