Reminiscences - Frederic Chopin
1. Grande Valse Brillante in E-flat Major, Op. 18
2. Valse in A-flat Major, Op.69, No.1
3. Grande Valse Brillante in A-flat Major, Op.34, No.1
4. Valse in E-flat Major, op.post.
5. Fantaisie – Impromptu in c-sharp minor, Op.66
6. Nocturne in B Major, Op.62, No.1
7. Nocturne in c-sharp minor, Op.post
8. Nocturne in D-flat Major, Op.27, No.2
9. Nocturne in E-flat Major, Op.9, No.2
10. Polonaise in A-flat major, Op.53 “Héroique”
11. Mazurka in A-flat Major, Op.24, No.3
12. Mazurka in F Major, Op.68, No.3
13. Mazurka in b-flat minor, Op.24, No.4
14. Mazurka in B-flat Major, Op.17, No.1
15. Scherzo No. 2 in B-flat minor, Op.31
Playing Time 79:02
Linn Records CKD 248
SACD Multichannel Hybrid disc - compatible with all CD players.
Recorded on a Blüthner Model 1 Concert Grand
Renowned pianist Artur Pizarro releases his third disc for Linn Records which follows on from the success of his two Beethoven Sonatas discs and his recordings of Chopin piano music.
Artur has this to say about the release: “The repertoire of this CD looks back to my childhood and my early contact with Chopin. Piano has been a part of my life since before I can remember as my maternal grandmother was one half of a classical piano duo. A lot of solo piano was also played and Chopin was prominently featured. I also was able to listen to a lot of Rubinstein and Neuhaus playing Chopin on LPs. The Fantaisie-Impromptu, the c-sharp minor posthumous nocturne (which I played on my first recital 25 years ago!) and the mazurkas on this CD where among the first piano works I ever played. The rest are either pieces I would hear my grandmother, Berta da Nóbrega, play or her duo partner Evaristo Campos Coelho (a student of Vianna da Motta, Viñes, and Isidor Phillip) or my own teacher Sequeira Costa (who also studied with Vianna da Motta, and with Mark Hambourg, Edwin Fischer, Marguerite Long and Jacques Février). I mention these great teachers of the piano who have influenced me in one way or another as their teachings have always been present in my life with Chopin.”